8k Arrived Oct 17 2018 (Heliosurge)

Working on it. But still learning setups. What I will ask though I can’t get SteamVR to load Dashboard or BigscreenVR mode to launch aps inside of the headset. I have the steamcontroller which worked fine but it seems some update from steam has messed this up. Steamvr home loads but can’t get it to work with the gamepad.

Received Headset last Wed. In the process of prepping for a move so time has been fleeting & due to mistrust of my Cats don’t leave it connected as one of them likes chewing thing cables.

@Ludiks
8k SDE using @spamenigma’s base I would say probably similar to his 5k+ or slightly better maybe a 3.0 or 2.5. With current settings I would place the 4k slightly better but might be due to getting used to diagonal pixels vs rainbow. SDE primarily notice it more on bright white & like colors. But overall impressed. I would say the 4k is about a 0.5 better to 0.75 than the 8k; but the lack of ghosting makes up for it.

5 Likes

I missed the fact that you received yours !!
How is the SDE compare to the 4k?
@Heliosurge

5 Likes

What’s your backer number (are you a backer)? I didn’t see you on the spreadsheet. Very excited to hear your thoughts on it!

1 Like

my setup

• Windows 10 Pro
  • i5-6500 (stock clock) with 16gigs ddr4 2400mhz
  • Zotac 1080 ti mini (stock clocks)
2 Likes

Backer # 444 however as being part of the m1 test group as support role like other testers was bumped to receive sooner. Still waiting on the 5k+ as i backed both.

11 Likes

Dont you own a 4k? I thought

1 Like

Look forward to your feedback. How long from your shipping notice until arrival?
Who was the delivery carrier?

1 Like

Yes detailed that in the SDE I edited & poke you in post see above.

1 Like

On tablet it works fine. When did you get your 8k???

1 Like

Package received in really good condition. No real complaints. Received within 10 days. Used Aftership to track & my Canada post apt registered it here when it hit Missisauga office.

EMS was the courier

1 Like

How’s it running on stock clocks? I couldn’t even get the forest vr playing nice with my vive and I have a nearly identical setup.

1 Like

Last Wednesday 20 chars

1 Like

Haven’t got The Forest yet. Give me a couple of days & will post some info what I have tested with what all settings I have been using. Plus will need to create a new topic so I am not hijacking @spamenigma’s thread.:wink:

11 Likes

If you recieved yours early. Why did the devs who were promised early access not recieve theirs? If they are gonna stick to backer number. Shouldnt they actually stick to it?
That’s not quite fair on the devs who were told they could have early access.

2 Likes

Quit acting like a child. I am willing to wait my turn.

I not at all acting like a child sir.
I’m not even a dev. I’m only asking on behalf of the devs ive spoken to who have voiced their displeasure.

All testers were moved up due to being in the test Group & as both the RoV & TH article’s pointed out & the recent 84 version issues. It’s important to have folks whom can help users figuring out balancing settings.

As for Devs I can’t answer for pimax. Save that they have said numerous times they have reserve units for their use. Some of these could be in some Devs Hands. Some may have even had m1s under NDAs.

1 Like

@light is merely pointing out a disconnect. Pimax did say backers first & it seems they also told a variety of Devs Early Access. Of which is important to help ensure compatibility with their own projects which = more working content utilizing pimax sdk.

But Devs need to understand any headsets received prior to Consumers is Early Access.

So it’s a big juggling act to try & keep all happy.

Think if pimax had released these headsets without backers being testers… Well we’d have a lot of folks enraged it doesn’t work right.

4 Likes

Thanks for the answer helio. That’s quite satisfactory. =]

4 Likes

Your welcome. Not everyone at times appreciates my open minded thought processes. :beers::wink::+1::sparkles:

12 Likes