8K->5k+ HMD only backer: Confused about backer upgrades

I originally backed 8K but switched to 5k+ (HMD only since i have an HTC Vive with 1.0 bases).

I am trying to figure out what upgrades might make sense for me, but honestly i am somewhat confused as to which ones even apply to me?

I mean, A and C are talking about opting out or keeping a bundle which i never pledged for, and E seems to be an extension of that.

Can anyone help clarify?

2 Likes

Hi @ziphnor
So youre going for the new Vision series?

2 Likes

A is if you payed for full kit and want to skip basesations and controllers, C is if you did not order that or want to keep it.

3 Likes

Looks like you are right, it was not very clear until you read the text under the slide in the backer guide…

So keeping the eye tracking discount, it is ~$400 discount on a 8KX with deluxe headstrap it seems. I guess it need to remind myself if that makes sense compared to what is lost in stretch goal rewards. Also, there is the question about whether an 8KX makes sense with my current GPU (OC 1080ti). Guess its time to read some reviews on the new pimax headsets.

I had kind of hoped to see some good discount for new base stations and controllers.

2 Likes

I agree the upgrade plans are a bit confusing.

2 Likes

I suggest you take a look at this post.

To be honest, there was no need to make specific plans for 8K to 5K+ downgrader, they should have just mentioned they had a 100$ less to pay on each (remaining) plan.

2 Likes