5k+ tracking has ceased working after 4 months usage

This is amazing news!

2 Likes

Reymondo, can not imagine the time you must have had figuring out this by yourself. I’m glad I checked out this post in case I have this problem in the future. I have in the past reinstalled pitool to fix a headset not tracking but this would be much easier I believe. I and the community thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

@Keter. Glad your 5K+ is back alive! :+1: I would suspect that rebooting the computer, unplugging or just messing around in the “correct order” would solve it too, but at least this works as well. Most definitely a bug in Pitool though that should be addressed by Pimax. Seems like some events end up blocking the HMD tracking, might be on FW level…

@VR247. This community has helped me a lot as well, glad to be able to share something new.

In my line of work I kind of do this type of troubleshooting all the time :smile: So it was the first thing I tried. Not always too easy explaining to the customer what I did and why they should pay $$$$$ for a reboot :joy:

2 Likes

I’m doubtful those things would do it, I did reboot the computer several times, as well as unplug the power and USB and all that stuff. Idunno if it’s a PiTool thing, since the problem immediately reproduced on another computer with fresh install of PiTool. Firmware thing seems very possible though… Thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.