5k+ RMA 2nd Headset arrived with Firmware .183!

I did see more distortion on my right peripheral, thats all i noticed. I will revert to .181 later and test both headsets and see what they both look like

if you took a picture with a good camera on zoom at the sky we could find out once and for all and settle this. do you have two 5k+ headsets?

I was backer 646

I really have a hard time imagine anyone would not notice these dots. as long as you see individual pixels (sde) you see the dots as they appear to be bigger than one single pixel.

I think people not noticing any dots don‘t have them on their displays.

@MikeJeffries Please post pictures and results if you have two headsets testing both @McErono some people just don’t have good vision but, like you can’t take that out of the equation until you get close up pictures.

1 Like

I had more optical lens distortion on the left. because my old facepad did adjust to my face over time and new one was thicker and in original shape.

Dots are not hard to see, you don’t need to take photos, you don’t even need to load a game. Just enter Pimax Home and turn around, there is a giant orange planet. If you look carefully and try to focus, you can see the small black dots there.

They don’t bother me at all, very hard to notice unless you look for them with certain colors. When you are actually playing a game it’s even more difficult to see them. It’s not a problem for me.

2 Likes

@MikeJeffries

thats what they look like

1 Like

Those tiny dots all over? That’s the SDE then. I dont really pay attention to SDE that much unless I sit there staring at the screen.

Another example (effect increases when zooming out):

sde is the grid between every pixel, these dots occur in wider gaps and are gone on my new 5kplus.

1 Like

Not everyone has good enough eyesight to see it and a lot of people dart their eyes a lot instead of focusing on one point.

1 Like

Ye, I have 20/20 vision and SDE never bothered me, so even if this was there I wouldnt be paying attention to it.

1 Like

Backers who have received replacements have reported seeing it on their older headsets but not the newer ones.

Since your backer number is so low if you could take some close up pictures to find out whether or not your screen has it. if yours dont have them we can determine if its an issue which occurs due to parts used in different batches or whether or not the screen quality just varies.

2 Likes

lol, can everyone send me their HMD so I can verify for you if the dots exist or not? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I will have the 8K headsets for dot checking! :laughing:

And i the 5KBE…

Best way to pin the dots down is to create a full red (R:255, G0, B0) coloured Background for example in Photoshop. If youre at it, create also a green one (R:0, G:255, B:0) and a blue one (R:0, G:0, B:255) Then look at those Backgrounds in your Pimax, using Virtual Desktop for example. You’ll see the dots only appear on the red and blue backgrounds. So the more red or blue you have in whatever content in your hmd, theyre also there. The more Green you have in the content of your choosing, the less likely you’ll see them. Orange and Magenta (and offcourse skintones) obviously will have them aswell. If not, you’re officially cleared of the black dot issue.

cheers

1 Like

1 Like

I think I may have the issue

iLike … iWant … iNeed !!!

congrats

(… but thats no ttl shot, is it?)