5K OLED Headsets

What is the real status of the 5K Oled Headsets? The status on the spreadsheet has changed back to Build.

2 Likes

The whole bunch are too bloody ignorant too answer a simple question,come up with
a honest answer and people would understand the delay, but No silence is golden!!!

3 Likes

From MRTV LIVE SPECIAL with PimaxUSA

3 Likes

And everytime is said to me that i cant change my 8k pledge to the 5kBE,what a scam…

You’re probably better off with an 8K anyway. While the blacks and colors are better on OLED panels, the SDE is much worse (due to the dreaded PenTile displays). I’d love an OLED VR headset, but the technology isn’t really good enough yet, at least for me.

Yes the SDE will be better on the 8K but the 8K is Pentile as well ;( . One of the reasons I switched to the 5K+

3 Likes

Actually, the 8K is a “rainbow” pattern (which looks better than PenTile) with smaller pixels than the 5K OLED headset. The 8K should have noticeably less SDE than the 5K OLED. That’s why I decided not to get the 5K OLED, even though it is appealing for dark games like Elite Dangerous.

It’s not just "dark games’…all games will look better. Better black level leads to better color, etc. The only advantage of over the OLED will be SDE. To me, the better overall picture far outweighs an advantage in SDE.

3 Likes