5k+ for over a week, from ok to WOW!

Have you played any games with dark areas? Edge looks absolutely horrible in the caves. At first I thought it might be the back light leak problem but now I just think it’s the way Pimax software renders it .

Tbh, not yet, though I saw some dark scenes in Arizona, but can’t say much about the dark levels now.

1 Like

Yeah so the problem I have at the moment is the games I want to play look shithouse or don’t work but I will keep tweaking settings and see how I go .

1 Like

Setting it up was completely painless for me I just plugged everything in paired the controllers and everything worked straight away .

1 Like

FYI: The latest version (0.8.0) of MotherVR mod crashes Alien Isolation at startup for me on a Vive, but the version before that works (0.6.0).

There’s an issue here.

Someone suggests applying another mod that accidentally also fixes this, but I haven’t tried that yet. This must be the mod he’s talking about.

1 Like

Alien Isolation does work on the Pimax, at least I have it working with the latest Mother Mod.

2 Likes

Actually it does work.

But the main menu is bugged and the world scale in game is wrong.

But the visuals are stunning.

I will try it tonight again.

2 Likes

If you find the game is too easy, there’s a typo (bug) in the alien AI movement script. This is something you can fix without a mod.

Details: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bdyYQMCxIc

2 Likes

You do realise there are two completely different games?

First Aliens Colonial Marines which you linked too.

Second The one we’re talking about Alien Isolation which has been modded for VR. Aka MotherMod

Yesterday I retried the Mother mod but it didn’t work as it had days before on my 5k+. Maybe I had PP turned off this time. I’ll try again tomorrow.

1 Like

Yeah Neil the game you put in the link is an older game that wasn’t very good . Alien Isolation is an awesome game if you don’t mind being scared s##tless most of the time .:yum::flushed:

1 Like

Sorry, I thought it was the same game. It’s not one I’ve played.

1 Like