2022 vr game of the year?

STEAM 2022 VR GAME OF THE YEAR
:zipper_mouth_face: WHY HITMAN 3?

• 2021 VR GAME OF THE YEAR:Cooking Simulator VR
  • 2020 VR GAME OF THE YEAR:Half-Life: Alyx
  • 2019 VR GAME OF THE YEAR:Beat Saber
  • 2018 VR GAME OF THE YEAR:The Elder Scrolls Ⅴ: Skyrim VR
2 Likes

With my 5k+ I set potato view and visuals/performance all good. But controls… They should let me play with mouse and keyboard or fix that mess. The worst thing is that they act like VR doesn’t exist. No news, updates, improvements, nothing. Just left to die. And boom - game of the year. Steam shouldn’t let you vote for VR if you don’t have VR headset.

3 Likes

It was just because anyone can vote and steam rewards you for voting, so people just vote randomly and choose a game that they either know or played the non-VR version. The steam awards are nonsense, unfortunately. It should only include games that you have actually played imo, if they want it to be useful. They actually have a rare chance to have a voting platform that actually has some foundational merit but instead they went the opposite direction entirely haha.

3 Likes

another dark pattern style of steam. Of course they have the data and can figure out what is relevant, and which user is relevant for that metering (= has a VR Headset, runs SteamVR regularly). But of course they will share a fake result an work with the true data.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.