2.5 million prize:

What an amazing 2.5 Million goal. I for one am very happy with all the content already added through the goal we have met so far. I hope we can make it I really want to see what happens with this VR conference.

I honestly don’t see how keeping people in PiHome (launching apps) Benefits anyone except maybe Pimax keeping people within there app. I have never used it so I will reserve judgement till I try it. I really like Steam VR home though.

Eye Tracking 3 million Maybe we can make it?

1 Like

With having a vr launcher in piplay/pihome adding admin setup would make sense for possible custom UI for home & commercial use applications. Gives users additional all in one place to launch.

I haven’t tried it but if you can buy things in your steam account from pihome; does a decent job finding & listing games than steam does imho.

Absurd would be saying please throw in a real doll :slight_smile: Just watched Lars and the real girl…couldn’t help myself

I would prefer to just use one single platform…as most of my purchases are there…ie. Steam…(although I hope that Valve don’t keep the 1440p VR restriction because that would suck)…

But considering HTC and Occulus have their stores…(which is really a hodge podge of c++ redistributable runtime pain in a controlled environment.). I guess Pimax want in on the app store market as an avenue for monetizing…Personally I hate having 10 different places to have to log in to to play X game or app… but that is what the world is now…

2 Likes

I did not understand the gift for 2,5m

They are going to hold a dev conference and try and make apps and software work better with Pimax 8K.

Not really a gift but more of a goal I guess.

They are taking suggestions on software we want integrated with Pimax8K.

I’m honestly happy with what were getting so far.

2 Likes

As much as I like the prospect of getting ever more for the same money, it still needs to make sense for them commercially.
But I guess this is not your standard KS project, because they are an established company and the rewards probably make sense to them in return for the marketing buzz this is creating.

Wouldn’t the 8k work with sream vr? I should be able to launch steam vr and use any app right? So i don’t understand the stretch goal on intergrating software

The 8k will work fine with steamvr regardless.

Pimax have something called PiHome…which they are saying that they will aim to work with certain developers to help them bring their products to PiHome… (which might be advantageous for 8K X users as they might be able to push full native resolution to the headset using their own renderer).

I think they are also saying they are willing to work with VorpX to give them direct access to the Pimax SDK and maybe offer assistance where needed.

Well if you buy the Pimax, you would hope that they could convey information to developers on how to optimize use of the headset and maximize use of the peripherals. More developer support will in the end also help benefit users anyway.

HTC store is a buggy app that nobody needs, I hope Pimax doesn’t follow this path and don’t force us to use another stupid platform.

PiHome comes with the drivers anyway so it’s already there. My default is to use steam. But if steam doesn’t unlock full native resolution (edited: I’m an 8k X backer) and a PiHome version does, then i’ll use that instead. Win win from my standpoint.

So you must be an 8k-X supporter? Because 8k & 5k models accept max 1440p/eye as native input to hreadset. Steam already supports res & fov of 5k/8k headsets.

PiHome allows you to launch all your titles in one place. Piplay/steam/oculus. With steam, it even polls steam programs/games for purchase.

You don’t have to use it. However its can be a handy place to launch all your vr aps in one place. Pi/steam/oculus

I’m an 8k X backer, yes.

1 Like

Ah then might be an idea to poke the Openvr.api to see if they limit hmd requested res.

FREE hotdog for everyone if reach $3millions.