12k Upgrade Program - What about those of us that JUST got an 8Kx before this program?

So people should RMA their cracked or otherwise defective headsets until they get one in perfect shape that they can then send back for trade-in?
Doesn’t sound very well thought out to be honest.

1 Like

You should have done that anyway if they are under warranty.

1 Like

I know some people who have kept their 5k+ despite cracks and accepted that as inherent property of the thing. We’ll see how this plays out.
But at least it points into the direction that the headsets might not get scrapped! (Unless Pimax just collects mint headsets because those would be the ones that would compete with the new ones on the used market?)

Well, that settles the question on whether there’ll be a 12k for this one customer – never thought that my user-taken-apart-and-lens-swapped unit would be eliglible, but: “hey - you never know” (up until now). :9

Think there must be a crucial piece of information that we are missing, so the upgrade program makes sense (for Pimax).
But I’ll rest the case for now and just see how things turn out.

Hmm, well I could trade in my 8K which is functional in good working condition but with cracked housing due to crap plastics in the Backer version but then, I could always ditch the 8K-X and trade that in and use the 8K as a place holder till the 12K arrives.

Will not move until I am more than happy that the 12K would be worth the upgrade. Before that would be a AMD 7xxx series GPU to run my current setup at 2x my current SS rates. That would be nice. My RTX2080 is doing a decent job but it would be nice to have more than 2x its capabilities so I could bump up the SS and graphics settings on my 8K-X. It still looks good and I am not sure what has happened recently with SteamVR but now I get decent clarity over distance in Il2 so I am happy.

what about accesories?like the face foam or idk the headphones ear cup,id like to keep those for the 12k and they are gonna be sweaty anyway so proly gonna get throwned away anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.